Mass Market Home Insurance
We term as "Mass market" plans that give no flexibility for choose your contents sums insured.
Some such as AIG's Premium Plus, provide a fixed sum insured of HKD1m for home contents whereas the AXA New Settlers has a fixed sum insured that increases with the square foot area of your home.
AIG Premium Plus
Home Contents cover is capped at HKD1m and readily covers properties up to 3000 square feet
Personal Effects & Valuables are covered:
- inside your home to a maximum of HKD100,000 in total, HKD10,000 per item.
- outside your home to a maximum of HKD20,000 in total and HKD5,000 per item, unless you specifically provide proof of value and list.
NOTE: Up to 2 mobile phones can be covered per policy not for loss, but only repair costs for accidental damage.
When it comes to covering a local move AIG provides just HKD50,000 in total and caps each item at HKD3,000!
AXA New Settlers Home Package (NSP)
The plan includes:
- Home contents AND personal valuables (compulsory)
- Annual travel cover for employer's family and optionally, helper (optional)
- FREE Employees' Compensation cover and health cover for one helper
- FREE liability cover of HKD5m ( Same as AIG's Premium Plus and likewise reinterprets any liability charge against you or your household members, according to HK law)
NOTE: Only one mobile phone of up to HKD1,000 is covered per life time and the AXA New Settlers plan provides NO cover for a local move at all.
Apply now for instant cover - AXA does not charge for the balance of a month or the entire succeeding month. Premiums are payable monthly, a recognition both of the convenience of monthly payment. Please refer to the policy for complete details.
See the documents tab.