On May 1, 2015 Dublin based XL Group plc completed the acquisition of Bertmuda based Catlin Group Limited to form a combined business and the largest Lloyds syndicate.
XL Catlin rankings in other areas are as follow:
- Aerospace - Top 3
- Fine Art & Specie - top 3
- Political Risk - Top 5
- Crisis Management - Top 5
In the words of the new XL Catlin CEO ; CEO Mike McGavick;
"Founded by visionaries some 30 years ago, both XL and Catlin share similar cultures and values built on teamwork, transparency and trust, as well as business traits that equally balance innovation with disciplined underwriting. The success of both companies can be largely attributed to this as well as the highly-skilled talent within, and our wonderful client and broker partners".
XL Catlin offers jewelers block insurance to manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and collectors.
In terms of capacity, XL Catlin will funciont as :
- a sole insurer,
- leading insurer or
- coinsurance partner.
Coverage provided will typically be:
- – All risks of physical loss or damage
- – Risks associated with the mining of raw material to the retailing of finished products
- – Personal jewelry collections
Typical Information Required
- – Completed proposal form
- – Full security details Benefits & Services
XL Catlin's insurance segment provides security to policyholders through our Crisis Management products, which include Kidnap and Ransom insurance and Piracy insurance.
Acts of Kidnap on land and Piracy on the high seas are now foreseeable events. Businesses and organisations which face potential loss from ransom payments, business interruption, litigation and long term reputational damage need sensitive crisis planning and risk transfer solutions.
Download all as zip
XL Catlin is one of the world’s leading specialist insurers and reinsurers, writing more than 30 classes of business from over 50 offices in 21 countries around the world. XL Catlin seeks to be the insurer of choice by delivering outstanding underwriting and claims service and providing excellent financial security.
In hte area of Aero space it offers cover for :
- Aviation Products
- Genearl Aviation (including loss of license)
For more information, download the brochure and contact the tam at Navigator - tel 2530 2530
General Aviation Our aviation insurance underwriting specialists are based in key markets around the world, allowing us to offer global coverage, and we are able to quote and support a diverse range of general aviation risks including: Fixed wing Rotor wing Regional airlines Charter operations Passenger operations Airport operations Fuel suppliers Maintenance operations Repairers Aircraft sales operations Loss of licence Hangar keepers
XL's Marine team is recognised as a market leader across all sectors of Marine Insurance. With a detailed understanding of the Marine industry in the Asia Pacific region, XL Catlin's experienced underwriters work with our clients to provide bespoke solutions to their insurance needs.
The term 'marine' in this context embraces:
- Marine Cargo
- Marine Hull
- Marine War
- Marine Liability
In the 'Casualty' area, XL Catlin offers: liability cover for
- Directors and Officers
- Financial Businesses
- Healthcare operators
- General Liability (including Products and Construction)
Directors and Officers
XL Catlin writes D&O cover on Primary, Quota Share and Excess of loss basis. Apart fro not-for-profit organisations Navigator D&O clients typically come from :
- commercial banks,
- merchant banks,
- finance/leasing companies, insurance companies,
- stock-broking companies,
- asset management firms and
- boutique investment houses
Products we offer from XL Catlin in this area include:
- Bankers Blanket Bond and Computer Crime on a world-wide basis
- Professional Indemnity and
- Directors’ & Officers’ liability Investment manager insurance.
Documents: Investment Management
Download all as zip
In this areae XL catlin is focused only on providing cover for doctors doctors and large hospital groups hospital with bed counts of over 1000 When writing ‘Syndicate 2003’ products, XL Catlin underwriters have the same authority as if they were located in the Lloyd’s building, so can react quickly and flexibly to your needs.
- Commercial General Liability
- Products Liability and Product Recall (including exports to USA/Canada)
Documents: Products Liability
- Construction Liability
- Energy Liability.
XL Catlin offers comprehensive PI insurance, specialising in the following professions:
- advertising agents
- contract-specific cover (non-construction)
- design and construction professionals
- finance / leasing companies investment advisors / managers
- lawyers / barristers
- management consultants
- media content providers / distributors printers
- property managers
- quantity surveyors
- technology-related professions
- stockbrokers and
Documents : Professional Liability
Documents: Errors & Omissions
XL Catlin is a market leader for Terrorism Insurance and can provide up to USD 100m per risk, per policy in
- Hong Kong,
- South Korea,
- Thailand and
- Timor- Leste (Potentially)
Other than Asia Pacific, XL Catlin's insurance segment is also able to provide worldwide coverage. Non-cancellable coverage provided is based on the Lloyd's T3 Form which covres:
- Property Terrorism (operational and construction)
- Terrorism Liability
- Strikes, riots and civil commotion (SRCC) / war, civil war and political subversion
- Nuclear, chemical, biological and radioactive (NCBR) / NCBR liability