AXA PPP International
AXA PPP International is part of the AXA Group, and is based in Tunbridge Wells in Kent, UK.
The AXA group dates back to 1817. The name 'AXA' was adopted in 1985 because Claude Bébéar, the CEO at the time wanted a short, snappy name that communicated vitality and could be pronounced the same in any language!
AXA PPP was originally known as The London Association for Hospital Services, set up in 1938 as a private healthcare scheme for people of middle income in London.
The company was incorporated in 1940 with assistance from the British Medical Association, the King's Fund, and the medical royal colleges. By 1960 it had grown to approximately 121,000 members.
Guardian Royal Exchange Assurance acquired PPP healthcare in 1998 only to be themselves acquired by Sun Life & Provincial Holdings, part of the AXA group in 1999.
The phrase 'Private Patients Plan' was used in the National Health Service to refer to a co-operative venture between the state and private enterprise, where private enterprise would step in to cater for areas not being covered by the state.
AXA PPP International came into being in 2009 in order to better serve the needs of the growing expatriate market.
AXA PPP aims to set up a Hong Kong servicing centre in 2016 in order to give better attention to its expanding client base. It is also aiming to have a compliant product offering in Dubai in the same time frame.
In a market where a 10%+ price increase year by year is normal, AXA PPP has managed to typically keep the rate of premium increases under 10%.
AXA PPP's international policy offers four levels of individual plan:
- Prestige and
- Prestige Plus.
In Hong Kong, the Prestige Plus is the most popular choice.
Designed for people who want the reassurance of comprehensive cover - and more - and with out-patient charges for drugs and dressings, diagnostic tests and specialist consultations paid in full, Prestige Plus provides an extensive range of benefits, including:
- Chronic conditions cover - for treatment of recurrent, continuing or long-term medical conditions, such as cancer and diabetes
- Palliative care cover - for treatment to prolong life or to relieve symptoms
- Up to $19,200 for pregnancy and childbirth
- Up to $320 each year towards to cost of prescription glasses or contact lenses
- Up to $3,200 'out of area' cover for emergency out-patient treatment received in the USA
- Routine dental care, such as check-ups, scale and polish and fillings.
Alongside hospital, surgical and psychiatric treatment, Prestige Plus also covers Chinese herbal medicine, vaccinations and provides a 'health check' benefit.
And, as part of their membership, Prestige Plus policyholders can access a variety of support services to help make their life a little easier, which include:
- Telephone interpretation - where a skilled translator can, for example, ease confusion over foreign medical paperwork
- 'MyGlobe' - for country information and insight to help members find their feet in unfamiliar surroundings
- AXA PPP International's iPhone app - enabling convenient access to hospital information and allowing policyholders to facilitate speedy, secure claims submissions
Medix Personal Case Management - objective, independent medical guidance and support for members requiring treatment of serious medical conditions. AXA PPP's case management service is unique, being far more than merely a second opinion service.
The Medix Personal Case Management service provides advice on the treatments available to suit your needs.
At a crucial time when you may feel overwhelmed, far from home and out of your comfort zone, the dedicated team of clinical experts will create a care plan for you, contact leading specialists and provide ongoing support 24/7 during and beyond your course of treatment, helping you make the right decisions at a critical time.
Each of these four plans can be collected in a group plan and administered as a true group plan.
For groups of five or more staff, AXA PPP offers to disregard medical history, meaning there are no medical questionnaires to be completed and staff and dependents are guaranteed cover with no questions asked. On leaving the company staff have 3 months to decide if to continue comparable cover on an individual basis, again without underwriting. Depending though on your medical history, though, the standard individual premium may be increased.
AXA PPP, now available in Hong Kong via AXA locally, offer group cover based on the individual policy referenced above. Key features are as below
- All benefits can be used from day 1
- Global portability – same benefits applicable in all countries within area of cover
- True community rated increases
- Guaranteed renewability (as long as no breach of Terms & Conditions)
- Group leaver conversion included
- 24/7 Customer Service, with Hong Kong Toll Free Number. All in house and managed by AXA Global Healthcare
- Multilingual language and servicing capability.
- Strong Direct Settlement Network worldwide (over 1.1 million providers worldwide). For Hong Kong, please find attached.
- Guarantee of Payments issued within 48 hours for non-emergency cases and within 24 hours for emergency cases, utilising our local partner IPA Hong Kong.
- Fully digital, paperless claiming through our online member claims portal, with no invoice limit
- Claims processed within 10 working days (Typically over 90% are processed in 3 working days)
- Can claim in any currency/ language and we can reimburse in multiple currencies.
If you need medical treatment, AXA PPP has made it as easy as possible to make a claim - simply use this quick step-by-step guide.
If you are accessing emergency treatment, make sure you or someone you know lets us at Navigator or AXA PPP know as soon as possible.
Claim Steps : After logging in to Customer Online
Check you're covered. Your premium needs to have been paid and your policy, current.
Check you're covered.
Check your treatment is covered. Once logged in, go to your Message Centre and select the 'Check cover for a new condition' or 'Check cover for a new treatment (existing condition)' from the drop down menu. Alternatively, you can call the crew at Navigator or AXA PPP's team of Personal Advisers
If you have out-patient treatment, most medical providers will require you to settle your bill straight away.
However, if this is likely to be expensive or your credit card has reached its limit, please call / email the crew at Navigator and we will do all we can to persuade AXA PPP to find a way to settle directly with.