Global Benefits Group
Global Benefits Group (GBG) is the largest independent, fully integrated provider of international benefits in the world. In 2016, GBG celebrates its 36th year of serving the needs of expatriates, third-country nationals and local nationals.
Because of our unique underwriting platform, GBG can offer a multitude of insurance products – including health, life, travel, income replacement and special risks – to individuals and groups of any size anywhere in the world.
As globalization of the world's economy has continued to accelerate, GBG has developed customized products that are desperately needed by international and multinational companies.
Loss of License provides vital benefits to Pilots who have become disabled due to illness or injury.
- Annual plan that follows pilots worldwide.
- Maximum benefit amount of $500,000, which is paid as a lump sum for Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
- Covers pilots of commercial airliners and business jets, plus other types of business aircraft including twinjets, corporate helicopters and air taxis.
- Flexibility of covering both temporary and permanent disabilities.
- For Pilots and First Officers that hold a Commercial Pilots License or an Air Transport License.
- Sickness and/or Bodily injury Benefits: Eligibility up to age 60.
- Upon attainment of age 60, benefits for "accident only" coverage continue up to the sooner of retirement age or age 65.
|SCHEDULE OF FOR GBG LOSS OF PILOT'S LICENSE BENEFITS|
|A||Permanent Total Disablement by Bodily Injury or Sickness||100% of the Sum Insured|
|B||Permanent Total Disablement by Classified Illness or Psychological Illness||25% of the Sum Insured|
|C||Temporary Total Disablement by Bodily Injury or Sickness||2% of the Sum Insured per month*|
|D||Temporary Total Disablement by Classified Illness or Psychological Illness||0.5% of the Sum Insured per month*|
|*TTD monthly payment not to exceed 75% of monthly salary. Payments made on Temporary Total Disablement will erode the Permanent Total Disablement sum insured.|
|One payment of 100% of the Sum Insured shall exhaust the Sum Insured per Insured Person.|
|In the event the Insured Person holds more than one License, all Licenses must be lost for a claim to be considered|
GBG Loss of License Definitions
Permanent Total Disablement: means the Insured Person is totally unable to perform the essential duties of their own previous occupation as a license holder, and which lasts 180 days and at the end of that period is beyond hope of improvement.
Temporary Total Disability: means the Insured Person being entirely and temporarily prevented from acting in the capacity for which he or she holds a License due to:
- Bodily Injury,
- General Illness,
- Classified Illness or
- Psychological Illness.
A Classified Illness: is an illness which is directly or indirectly caused by alcohol, drugs or narcotics.
A Psychological Illness: is defined as when an Insured Person suffering directly or indirectly from stress, anxiety, depression, mental anguish, neurosis or the like and which is diagnosed by a medically or other appropriately qualified practitioner. Such an illness shall imply severe and lasting impairment in personal performance and capable of being diagnosed under the internationally recognised classification system DMS-IV-TR (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, 2000).
- Travel to any war zones not declared to, and accepted by underwriters;
- War (whether declared or not), terrorism, hostilities or any act of war or civil war; Nuclear, Chemical and Biological (NCB) weapons, or warfare; Nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination;
- The Insured Person engaging in or taking part in armed forces service or operations;
- The Insured Person’s deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except in an attempt to save human life);
- The Insured Person 's own criminal act;
- The Insured Person’s suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-injury or the Insured Person being in a state of insanity;
- Regularly and/or extensively practiced professional or hazardous sports or pursuits, unless agreed by underwriters;
- Loss directly or indirectly by :
- Venereal disease or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS),
- AIDS Related Complex (ARC) or Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV) howsoever these have been acquired or may be named.
- CONDITIONS: All terms and conditions are subject to final contract wording and cover note, which shall prevail over any previous documents.
- ACTIVELY AT WORK CONDITION: The Insured Person must be actively at work and mentally and physically capable of conducting the regular duties of their employment, at the inception date of this insurance, provided not having been absent for more than 10 consecutive days in the preceding 12 months.
GBG's health insurance policies are comprehensive, flexible and affordable. They are available to both individuals and groups of all sizes. GBG can tailor its benefits plans to a group's specific requirements; this ability sets GBG apart from most insurance providers.
Customized benefit programs can be designed with low deductibles and robust benefits, or they can be made more affordable with increased deductibles and reduced benefits. GBG's experienced worldwide team of field representatives can help you design a plan that's just right for your group.
GBG's plans focus on providing coverage to anyone living or working outside of his/her home country and to local nationals seeking coverage that is not available through their home country.
Geographic Coverage Areas
Worldwide -No geographic restrictions; complete coverage anywhere in the world, including the United States and Canada.
International Plus - Complete medical treatment anywhere in the world, with the exception of only covering emergencies in the United States and Canada.
International -Complete medical treatment anywhere in the world, with the exception of the United States and Canada.
While rarely are any plan designs exactly alike, most GBG groups have the following health insurance benefits:
- $1,000,000 annual maximum benefit
- Coverage for accidents and illnesses
- Emergency medical evacuation and air transportation
- Prescription drug benefit
- Access to discounted U.S prescriptions through the CVS/Caremark pharmacy network in the United States
- Inpatient and outpatient coverage
- Maternity benefits
- Well baby care benefits
- Dependent coverage to age 26
- Chronic conditions covered
- Mental health benefits
- Approved pre-existing conditions covered
- Maximum age for enrollment 65, renewal to age 75
- Deductible and co-payment options available to reduce premiums
Major Exclusions and Limitations
(see your terms and conditions for your policy’s specific exclusions):
- Charges in Excess of what is Usual and Customary
- Cosmetic and Elective Surgery
- Addictive Conditions
- Co-payments required on all U.S. out of network treatment
- Co-payments required in some restricted areas.
Download all as zip
Most people understand the importance of having life insurance to provide financial security in the event of their deaths, but it is sometimes difficult to obtain coverage in a foreign country. Global Benefits Group offers a wide variety of plans featuring worldwide coverage, flexible policy features and individual service.
GBG offers life insurance to both groups and individuals. Rates are very affordable. GBG can offer groups up to $250,000 of coverage with no medical examinations; dependent coverage also is available. We can also provide War and Terrorism coverage if needed.
For individuals, GBG has a variety of products to meet an assortment of needs. With our life products, individuals can provide protection for mortgages, college funds, retirement and estate planning. And with worldwide coverage, purchasing life insurance through GBG gives employees coverage no matter where their overseas assignments or international travels may take them.
Accidents happen unexpectedly and when they do, it is important, especially in a foreign country, to have the ability to continue to pay ongoing bills and obligations.
GBG’s affordable disability insurance plans have benefits that allow up to 70% of salary ($80,000 annual benefit limit) to be paid to a disabled worker anywhere in the world.
Each plan is custom designed for the international employee who wants to protect his/her income while recuperating from a disabling injury.
- Coverage to age 65
- Choice of 60% or 66 2/3% or 70% of salary for disability
- Choice of 3, 6, or 12 month waiting period.
TravelCare is designed to provide emergency health insurance and travel-related non-medical for international leisure and business travelers.
As travel to international destinations has become more popular for business and leisure, GBG has developed travel insurance plans that cover emergency medical treatment while traveling anywhere in the world, including the United States and Canada. Coverage is for travel outside a person’s home country.
Because medical providers in some areas of the world may not have proper facilities for required treatment, emergency medical evacuation is included in this policy. If needed, transportation to the nearest competent medical facility is provided. The travel policy may be purchased on either a group or individual basis.