Setting the industry standard, GeoBlue combines the latest mobile technology and worldwide healthcare expertise to deliver global medical assistance and health benefits that put the health, safety and convenience of world travelers first. GeoBlue's innovative approach opens the door to an elite community of thousands of carefully selected, contracted doctors and hospitals in almost every country in the world. GeoBlue also delivers exceptional service via toll-free multi-lingual customer support and its proprietary web-based administrative capabilities.
Their plans provide:
- "A-rated" coverage underwritten by licensed and admitted insurers in the United States.
- Superior benefits and services not available elsewhere.
- Unparalleled access outside the U.S. to leading doctors and hospitals, who contract with us and bill us for their services.
GeoBlue is the trade name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
GeoBlue Expat is designed for international assignees and their families when they leave their home countries for six months or more:
- U.S.-style primary major medical coverage; HIPAA and ERISA compliant
- Benefits are rich - covers everything from medical evacuation and hospitalization to maternity care and well visits
- Flexible coverage for U.S. citizens and third-country nationals
- Full-featured Wellness program and EAP
- Available to groups of two or more
- Benefits can be customized
- Members are covered worldwide
This Benefit Schedule is a sample plan design. Customized plan designs are also available.
|Benefits||Outside the U.S.||U.S., In Network||U.S., Out of Network|
|Preventative and Office Visits - Insurer waives deductible|
|Physician Office Visits||100%||100%, after a $30 copay||60%|
|Services Provided by a Physician or Provider|
|Services and Supplies Provided by a Hospital|
|Inpatient Hospital Care||100%||80%||60%|
|Outpatient Hospital Care||100%||80%||60%|
|1. Generic Drugs||All except a $10 Copayment per prescription, per 30 day supply|
|2. Brand Name Drugs||All except a $25 Copayment per prescription, per 30 day supply|
|Global Travel Benefits - Insurer waives deductible|
|Medical Evacuation||Up to $100,000|
|Repatriation of Remains||Up to $25,000|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment||$50,000|
|Routine Vision Care|
|Routine Dental Care|
GeoBlue Expat Health Plan
GeoBlue Traveler provides group supplemental medical benefits and services for international business travelers.
- Plan provides blanket coverage; there is no need to submit and maintain member rosters.
- Benefits are rich covering everything from medical evacuation and hospitalization to treatment for an upset stomach.
- Employees are covered when they are outside their home country for trips lasting up to 180 days.
Benefits can be customized.
|Pre-existing Conditions Exclusion2||3 months; Waived for U.S. outbound travel|
|Medical Evacuation Maximum||$250,000|
|Repatriation of Remains||$25,000|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment||Optional|
|Spouse and Dependent3||Optional|
- Per trip. Maximum covered trip duration is 180 days.
- Services received on or within 3 months after the Trip Coverage Start Date of an Insured Person, if those services are related to a Pre-existing Condition. Pre-existing Condition means a medical condition for which medical advice or treatment was received during the 6 months immediately preceding the Insured Person's Trip Coverage Start Date.
- Dependent coverage is available for unmarried children up to age 26.
- Sojourn is a leisure trip directly connected before, after or during a business trip.
GeoBlue Traveller Health Plan
Like to Apply?
Click link below: