Kidnap and Ransom (K&R)
The world is a dangerous place these days. There are an estimated 20,000 kidnappings, detentions, and extortions that take place each year globally, according to NYA International, a London-based kidnap and extortion response consultancy.
In reality, the number is probably significantly higher, as it’s estimated that only about 35% of all kidnappings worldwide are reported to the authorities, with about half of these taking place in Latin America.
The US provider, Seven Corners in our view, offers two of the most innovative personal security insurance products in the market — Captum Kidnap and Ransom & Ally Crisis Management — both underwritten by Lloyd's.Contact Robin Brown on 2530 2530 to learn more about the Seven Corners, Clements, Travelers and other K&R products from Lloyd's.
RoundTrip International is a unique trip cancellation product from Seven Corners in the US that is specifically focused on covering non-U.S. residents traveling outside their home country (a non-U.S. mailing address is required).
Plan features include cover for:
- Trip cancellation
- Interruption, delay
- Missed connection
- Medical evacuation
- Bedside traveling companion
- Return of minor children
- Transportation of spouse/domestic partner
- Political evacuation
- Baggage/personal effects
- Baggage delay and delivery
- Sports equipment rental
- Personal liability coverage up to $100,000. (Greater cover may well be available to you via an Executive home insurance- Ask us!)
Pricing is based on age and trip cost, for trips of 1-30 days
Coverage is not available to residents of:
- The US Virgin Islands
Trips must originate outside the U.S., but you are covered worldwide.
Need more details? Contact Robin Brown on 2530 2530
Kidnap & Ransom Insurance - Clements
For 65 years, Clements Worldwide has worked closely with multinational organizations around the world to build exceptional programs with sensitivity your organization’s unique risks. As your insurance advocate, Clements locates and secures the most competitive and comprehensive coverage available.
Full reimbursement of any monies which the insured person(s) has paid or lost due to kidnapping or extortion.
Full reimbursement of loss due to the destruction, disappearance, confiscation, or wrongful appropriation of ransom monies while in the process of being delivered due to a covered kidnapping or extortion.
Accidental Death of Dismemberment
Death or permanent total physical disablement of an insured person sustained during a kidnapping, wrongful detention, extortion, or hijacking event.
Judgments and Legal Liability
Coverage of cost incurred as a result of any claim or suit brought on by any insured person against the insured.
Additional Expenses, including:
- Rest & Rehabilitation
- Medical/psychiatric care
- Fees for independent legal/PR counsel, negotiators, security consultants - Wage and salary replacement of a ected employees
- Personal financial loss of a ected individuals
- Costs of increased security
- Lost income due to the loss of an employee
- Personal financial loss
- Risk prevention services, including employee training, creation of contingency and recovery plans
- Travel, relocation, and job retraining expenses
- Many other related expenses
Kidnap & Ransom Insurance - Travelers
We also provide personal protection cover that is tailored for high-net worth individuals including sports, media or entertainment personalities to help protect themselves and family members from the impact of a kidnap or extortion. This cover can also be utilised by individuals travelling on business or pleasure to high risk areas.
Features of our policy include cover for:
- Illegal detention
Our corporate policy will also cover:
- Hostage crisis
- Threat response
- Loss of earnings due to an insured event
- Evacuation and repatriation of employees
- Express kidnap
- Product recall and destruction costs
What makes us unique?
Over 30 years experience in this class, combined with our flexible and creative approach, means we have come to understand the numerous issues that arise during an incident and their impact on hostages, victims, relatives, employers and colleagues. As a result we are able to tailor a policy to best protect the individual aspects of your business.
Kidnap & Ransom - Warzone Cover
Kidnappings can occur in any region of the world but ‘hot spots’ include:
- Warzones (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen)
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Areas suffering from political or social unrest.
Standard Precautions should include:
- Conducting risk assessment prior to travel
- Keeping up to date with Foreign Office advice
- Registering with relevant Embassies overseas
- Reviewing necessary safety precautions specific to the environment
- Limiting the publication / knowledge of your travel plans
Ensure you have specialist Kidnap and Ransom Insurance
We provide specialist, bespoke Kidnap and Ransom Insurance to provide protection against the unique risks posed by different regions of the world.
- Crisis Management fees
- Legal liability
- Kidnap / hijack
- Payment of ransom following abduction or any related threat
- Injury or death