Safe Meridian provides individual and group health insurance solutions in partnership with Great Eastern.
- Great Eastern General Indonesia is part of the OCBC Group.
- Founded in 1908, Great Eastern is the oldest and most established life insurance group in Singapore and Malaysia, with over S$85 billion in assets and over 4 million policyholders
- The Group operates in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei, and has a presence in China and a representative office in Myanmar.
- Great Eastern was named Life Insurance Company of the Year at the Asia Insurance Industry Awards in 2011 and 2013, by Asia Insurance Review.
- Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited has been assigned the financial strength and counterparty credit ratings of 'AA-' by Standard & Poor's since 2010, one of the highest among Asian life insurance companies.
- Globalis with Great Eastern is backed by a leading London based Reinsurer, financially rated “Excellent” by AM Best.
Safe Meridian's is goal is to provide customers access to quality healthcare through innovative cross-border benefit insurance solutions, supported with global direct settlement networks and world class customer service.
To find out more, contact Ms Romi Gill firstname.lastname@example.org Tel +852 2530 2530
Globalis Plans from QBE Insurance and Safe Meridian, offer flexible, affordable, comprehensive international health insurance cover for individuals and families.
See below a summary of the cover
8 Options to Tailor Your Plan – Available with All Plans
- Area of Cover
- Overall Annual Plan Limit
- High-Cost Provider Access
- Hospital Room Type
- Outpatient Annual Limit
- Outpatient Direct Billing Services
- Outpatient Coinsurance
Employers need to know their people are protected, supported and satisfied when it comes to healthcare.
Safe Meridian Group Plans offer both standard and tailored solutions in partnership with leading insurers. Safe Meridian's Plans are flexible, affordable, and incorporate various options to help you create the plan that suits your needs and budget.
For employers self-funding their benefits, Safe Meridian offer administration and risk management services, supported by their global direct settlement networks.
Most Safe Meridian Plans:
- Allow you to choose different plans and options for each staff category
- Include access to our global direct settlement provider network
- Permit Electronic claims lodgement
- Provide comprehensive reports on utilization and benefits paid.
Moving to Australia or maintaining an Australia Private Health Insurance Cover while overseas as an expat?
Safe Meridian has negotiated new benefits for members, providing them access to discounted corporate rates with nib Health Funds in Australia.
Moving to Australia?
If you’re moving to Australia (whether you’re Australian or not) you might be looking for an Australia Private Health Insurance Policy. Our arrangements with nib could provide you:
Discounted health covers
No annual limits on preventative dental or
The waiver of all 2 & 6 month waiting periods
on combined Hospital & Extras Cover*
If you’re intending to continue with your Globalis Policy whilst in Australia you might consider purchasing a Basic Hospital Plan from nib anyway, to avoid the Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS). If you’ll be earning over AUD 90,000 as a single or over AUD 180,000 as a couple or family, you could be affected by the MLS if you don’t hold appropriate private hospital cover with an Australian Health Insurer for the Australian financial year.
Still an Aussie Expat?
If you’re reporting tax in Australia and are subject to the Medical Levy Surcharge, nib can still offer you their Basic Hospital product to help you avoid the Surcharge while you’re working overseas. You need to check if the MLS applies to you and check it makes sense for you financially, as the amount paid under the MLS depends on your taxable income.
Planning to start a family in Australia?
Keep in mind a 12 month waiting periods apply for maternity benefits with all Australian Health Insurers, including nib. If your Globalis Policy provides you maternity benefits (even if it’s just the life threatening complications covered under inpatient benefits), you might want to retain your Globalis Policy during that time.
Not sure if you’re subject to the Medicare Levy Surcharge?
To assess your individual situation around MLS you can find further information here: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Medicare-levy/Medicare-levy-surcharge/
Keen to know more?
For access to the Safe Meridian corporate products and rates with nib click here. Alternatively, you can contact nib to discuss your needs by phone or email:
• Corporate priority line – 1800 13 14 63 • email@example.com
*Offer applies to new corporate customers of any nib combined Hospital and Extras package. Longer waiting periods apply for some services including major dental. The waiver excludes waiting periods on hospital services, OSHC and Overseas Visitor covers. **Annual limits you’ve already used up will carry across to nib and waiting periods may apply for services not covered by your previous insurer.
Safe Meridian Pte. Ltd., Singapore Company Registration No. 201541480K, 3 Church Street, #12-02 Samsung Hub, Singapore 049483