Personal Accident Insurance
Personal Accident (PA) insurance provides personal protection should we unexpectedly suffer injury, become totally disabled as the result of an accident, or even lose our life.
The kind of cover typically included in a PA policy include:
• Total and Temporary Disablement *
• Loss of Life (also known as accidental death and permanent disablement)
• Medical Expense (daily hospital cash allowance, weekly income protection) **
*The definition of disablement is normally something like 'unable ever to work again and has been so disabled for 6/12 months.
Such cover is often taken by people who regularly drive a car because the 'Third Party' law in Hong Kong provides NO cover for the driver in the case of an accident and only provides cover for his passengers or other people who may be injured.
**The definition of medical expenses covered depends on the insurer and the plan undertaken. This also depends on the severity of the injury and the length of medication that’s prescribed. Most cases, insurers only cover half to a third of the costs of medical expenses when it comes to only outpatient service needed.
The rates charged will depend on your occupation, with certain categories of employment attracting higher rates due to higher risks. The rate for a clerical worker in an office for example will be lower than for an auto mechanic. Some insurers also provide coverage like accupuncture and outpatient physiotherapy for personal accident insurance.
Personal accident insurance normally does not include these instances:
• If injuries are result of sickness or disease
• If injury is result of deliberate or reckless danger
• If injuries are sustained whilst under influence of alcohol or drugs
• If injuries are self inflicted
• If injuries are sustained whilst a crime is committed
• If injury is result of stress fractures, sprains and strains
Download all as zip
AccidentCare MEGA is here to provide you with protection of up to 10 times of the annual income, empowering you to go after your dreams with peace of mind.
FWD General Insurance breaking through the traditions as pioneer to launch a MEGA Personal Accident product to young professionals who have long-term financial goals. We proudly launch a premium coverage personal accident product AccidentCare MEGA.
|Plan (HK$)||A. Death OR B. Permanent loss or disablement||C. Accidental Hospital Confinements|
|1||$ 6,000,000||$ 100,000|
|2||$ 10,000,000||$ 100,000|
|3||$ 15,000,000||$ 100,000|
AccidentCare MEGA Features* Highlight:
- 3 plans for your selection, individual annual premium starting from HK$5,300 to HK$12,300.
- Cover the Injured Insured Person and dies within the following 12 months of that injury.
- Permanent Total Disablement within the following 12 months of the injury and that is the injury sole cause of his/her disablement.
- Accidental In-Hospital (Hong Kong) cash allowance - Daily allowance of HK$1,000, up to HK$100,000 in total, will be paid out for hospitalisation that lasts longer than three days.
- Worldwide coverage for emergency assistance service
- Age limit shall be age of 18 to 65 years, and renewal up to 70 years of age.
* Detail please refers to policy terms and conditions.
Contact us for other companies that provide a range of cover on personal accidents.
Contact us for comparisons between compaines on the cover for personal accidents.